Senior Test Engineer, Wlan Firmware (3 month contract)
We are looking for a Senior Test Engineer, Wlan Firmware on a 3 month contract. You will be responsible for testing SCSC’s latest Wi-Fi connectivity to ensure it meets the highest standards. Testing is at a unit, module and board level on Android platforms to exercise the firmware and drivers written by our software developers. The role involves test automation and debugging of software and as a result we seek a test engineer with proven scripting/programming ability (e.g. Perl, python), software development, Linux and networking technologies. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about improving software quality and testing methods, comfortable with changing requirements, can communicate effectively with developers, mentor junior colleagues and work collaboratively with internal and external teams. You would be part of the Wlan Development team working in a challenging yet stimulating environment.
- Plan and execute test campaigns that deliver clear results and good debugging information to developers.
- Develop, test and maintain software test scripts.
- Configure and maintain software test equipment and systems.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation.
- Triaging issues and raise defect reports.
- Provide logs and other relevant data to support debugging.
- Contribute to test improvement initiatives
- Proven perl or python programming and scripting ability (Perl is more desired)
- Good understanding of software test methods.
- Good understanding of software debugging.
- Effective team player.
- Good communicator.
- Good problem solving ability
- Previous contract experience is essential
- Detailed knowledge of the Wlan on air protocol.
- Use of version control, continuous integration and issue tracking tools such as GIT and Jenkins
- Experience of wireless communication protocols such as UWB or Wlan
- Linux and networking expertise.
- Experience in Certification Testing of Wi-Fi.
Register & Apply For This Job