Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
Samsung Cambridge is looking for a bright, enthusiastic senior embedded software engineer to join our team. The role is to work with early versions of the hardware and get the first versions of the firmware running in simulation, using real production firmware. The role would suit any experienced embedded SW engineer who enjoys working at the HW/SW boundary and can span digital HW and SW domains.
The role involves owning and delivering the embedded software solution to help verify an entire HW project. From initial specification with the digital engineers, through development, debug and delivery. As such the role involves working with both hardware and software teams and debugging both hardware and software bugs. Unlike normal firmware development, this is pre-tape-out there is a huge opportunity to influence the design of the entire system.
The firmware is written in “C” and the hardware in Verilog, as well as python to run the build and test systems.
• Degree (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in maths/science/software/electronics
• Design and implement embeddedsoftware to directly interface and drive digital HW
• Define chip level verification requirements
• Work with the digital design team to debug software and digital hardware
• Work with firmware teams to ensure test firmware and production firmware stay in sync and maximise SW re-use
• Develop and maintain our verification framework
• Support the in-house software teams moving to new chip designs
• Participate in reviews of design documents and software
• C programming in a real-time environment
• Effective team player and good communicator
• Scripting using a language such as Python or Perl
• Understanding of digital interfacing
• Understanding of build systems
• Knowledge of wireless communications standards
• Understanding of an RTL language
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Register & Apply For This Job