Staff Engineer, Wi-Fi Firmware
Samsung Cambridge is looking for a bright, enthusiastic embedded software engineer to join the Firmware team developing a world leading Wi-Fi solution for Samsung.
The role involves the entire software lifecycle; from requirements gathering, to system test and product support. The role involves taking ownership of a major firmware module and being responsible for delivery, within restricted timeframes, of the fully tested module. The role may involve travelling to customer sites to provide hands-on debug and support of issues. The software is written in “C” and runs in a resource constrained, embedded, real time environment. Creative thinking and innovation are encouraged whilst ensuring we have a perpetual focus on quality in everything we do and the ability to work under one’s own supervision is essential.
· Analyse and document, system and module requirements.
· Design and document individual modules.
· Develop and test (unit, system and acceptance) firmware of major scale and complexity.
· Maintenance of software including defect investigation.
· Contribute towards the continuous development of the department’s processes.
· Support the development at customer sites. This may involve occasional foreign travel.
· Excellent proven understanding of ‘C’ programming language for resource constrained real-time environments where MIPS and memory have to be utilised carefully
· Experience of developing non-Linux embedded protocol software ideally wireless communications
· Understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools especially using ARM processors
· Effective team player and good communicator
· Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues with focus on delivering results
· Excellent oral and written communications with attention to detail
· Experience of Wi-Fi communication protocols
· Experience of techniques for communicating between hardware and software
· Knowledge of embedded multi-processor systems and inter-processor communication techniques
· Knowledge of processor architectures and peripherals
· Experience of a scripting language such as Perl or Python
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Register & Apply For This Job