Senior Applications Engineer, Wlan
Looking for bright, enthusiastic embedded applications engineers to join the Firmware Team to help support the latest Wi-Fi products for Samsung.
The role involves supporting our products as they are taken to production by our customers, both in the home office and at customer sites. Ensuring there is a successful outcome with our products going all the way to production, requiring you to attend and manage meetings with field support teams.
Own issues in both external & internal defect management systems, as well as systems across the wider international company. Triaging and reproducing reported issues and working with local development and test teams to get defects resolved.
Work with neighbouring technology teams to re-use supporting technology and collateral. Build up both debug and support collateral to help ease remote support and reduce time to close issues.
Creative thinking and innovation are encouraged whilst ensuring we have a perpetual focus on quality in everything we do and the ability to work under one’s own supervision is essential.
• Drive major technical issues to resolution encountered during the customer development process, including at the customer site
• Keep abreast of new specifications
• Provide advice regarding possible changes to reference designs and default code to achieve the required specification
• Provide app notes, white papers and undertake design reviews
• Provide technical support, application support and training
• Develop customer relationships and understands customer needs
• Recognise new business opportunities
• Contribute towards the continuous development of the department’s processes
• Degree (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in maths/science/software/electronics
• Effective team player and good communicator
• Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues with focus on delivering results
• Understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools
• Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python or Perl
• Good understanding of ‘C’ programming language
• Excellent oral and written communications with attention to detail
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Register & Apply For This Job