Staff Test Engineer, WLAN Firmware
The Staff Test Engineer, WLAN firmware is responsible for testing SCSC’s latest Wi-Fi connectivity features to ensure they meet the highest standards. Testing from unit level up to system level on a variety of platforms including Android and IoT. Exercising the firmware, drivers and host code written by our software developers.
As the role also involves test automation and debugging of software, we seek an experienced test engineer with proven scripting/programming ability (e.g. perl, python or java), software development, linux and networking technologies.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about improving software quality and testing methods. Communicating and engaging with developers is key to maintain the momentum required to resolve issues. You would be a key contributor to team development and direction, mentor junior colleagues and work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
In the role, you would play an important part within the WLAN development team, working in a challenging yet stimulating environment with a potential to progress your career.
• Plan and execute test campaigns that deliver clear results and good debugging information to developers.
• Develop, test and maintain software test scripts.
• Configure and maintain software test equipment and systems.
• Create and maintain supporting documentation.
• Triage issues and raise defect reports.
• Provide logs and other relevant data to support debugging.
• Contribute to test improvement initiatives
• Occasional business travel may be required to support international projects
• Degree in maths/science/software/electronics (or equivalent qualification).
• Proven programming and scripting ability.
• Good understanding of software test methods.
• Good understanding of software debugging.
• Effective team player.
• Good communicator.
• Good problem solving ability.
• Detailed knowledge of the Wlan on air protocol
• Use of version control, continuous integration and issue tracking tools such as GIT, Jenkins and JIRA.
• Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
• Linux and networking expertise.
• Experience in Certification Testing in either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Register & Apply For This Job