System Engineer, Digital Design
At Samsung Cambridge Solutions Centre (SCSC) we develop connectivity solutions for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology. The market demand for connectivity technologies has never been greater with smartphones, tablet and wearables all demanding ever-increasing levels of connectivity. Moreover, the emerging demand for IoT (Internet of Things) is increasing even further the demand for connectivity technologies. This makes SCSC an important part of Samsung’s global strategy for penetrating these markets.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic system engineer to join the Samsung Cambridge Solutions Centre’s digital design group developing next-generation connectivity products. As a system engineer you will be part of the system team that develops Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communications, as well as location technology solutions.
We are interested in candidates with several years’ experience in the design of complex signal processing technologies. The ideal candidate would have a background including all or some of the following: a good understanding of the physical layer of Bluetooth (or similar narrowband modulation, such as ZigBee, GSM), a good understanding of the challenges of emerging IoT technologies, in-depth understanding of advanced signal processing techniques (such as direction and time of arrival estimation techniques) and experience of algorithms to mitigate signal imperfections introduced in the analogue domain.
If you feel you have the drive, ambition and technical know-how to join our team and be part of our exciting journey developing the next-generation of wireless technologies, come and apply for the position.
• Responsible for development of signal processing solutions that address the needs of next generation Bluetooth and IoT technologies.
• Responsibility for defining, developing and modelling algorithms for digital baseband modules from floating point through to fixed point implementation.
• Documenting designs for review or for implementation by others.
• Participating in performance characterisation and verification; performing diagnosis and debugging.
• Participating in research to improve the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth standard.
• A good knowledge of, and experience in, wireless systems with exposure to Physical Layer research or development, ideally having knowledge of Bluetooth and IoT standards and preferably Wi-Fi technologies.
• A solid understanding of the principles of digital signal processing, ideally with knowledge and experience of advanced signal processing techniques for multi-antenna systems.
• Experience of algorithms to mitigate signal imperfections introduced in the analogue domain (e.g. time and frequency tracking loops).
• A proven ability to communicate effectively in technical subject areas.
• Modelling digital systems in MATLAB, C/C++, IT++ and Python.
Register & Apply For This Job