Graduate Test Engineer, Software
The role of the Graduate Test Engineer, Software is to develop tests for SCSC’s Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity chips. We test at a system level, normally using Android platforms to exercise the firmware, drivers and host code written by our developers. The role involves testing, test automation, debugging of software and customer support; as a result we seek an engineer with good scripting ability (e.g. using perl, python or java) and software development. The role is based in Cambridge, but will also involve working with our customers at their development sites outside the UK, so please expect up to 20% international travel.
Mentoring will be provided from more experienced engineers. Tasks will be well defined and the engineer is expected to work with supervision.
• Develops tests and automates testing under close supervision;
• Runs tests, analyses results and assists developers in debugging defects.
• Delivery of high quality software in line with the department’s processes;
• Contributes to the creation of relevant documentation following the department’s processes;
• Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/software/electronics
• Good understanding of testing principles
• Experience of at least one scripting/programming language
• Basic understanding of software design techniques
• Keen interest in software testing as a career
• Effective team player
• Good communicator
• Good problem solving ability
• Understanding of wireless technologies
• Knowledge of Android operating system
Register & Apply For This Job