Control System Support, WI-FI Firmware Engineer
Looking for bright, enthusiastic embedded software engineers to join the Firmware Team developing and supporting Wi-Fi for Samsung.
The role involves supporting existing developments and commercialisation of new developments, focussing on the Control Plane aspects of the system.
The role involves investigating customer issues, including travel to customer sites, porting features across multiple customisations, and taking an active interest in developing and improving Control Plane testing and diagnostics.
The software is written in “C” and runs in a resource constrained, embedded, real time environment.
The position allows for future progression into either FW development, FW test or product support.
• Investigating customer issues; liaising with both customers and engineers, including travel to customer sites.
• Owning and improving the diagnostic capabilities of the Control Plane firmware to simplify investigation of customer issues.
• Porting features across multiple customisations. Understanding the requirements, design and implementation of features so that they can be ported to new and existing platforms.
• Developing and improving engineer testing of the Control Plane firmware focusing on Hosted Unit Tests.
• Contribute towards the continuous development of the department’s processes.
• Degree (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in maths/science/software/electronics.
• Excellent proven understanding of ‘C’ programming language for resource constrained real-time environments where MIPS and memory have to be utilised carefully.
• Experience of developing embedded control software.
• Understanding of embedded debug techniques and tools.
• Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl or Python.
• Effective team player and good communicator.
• Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues with focus on delivering results.
• Excellent oral and written communications with attention to detail.
Register & Apply For This Job